The Harbor Beach is one of my favorite Fort Lauderdale beach hotels and I especially enjoy the dining options there. The hotel frequently hosts conferences and meetings and what better way to relax after a hard day slaving over a hot conference room than a trip to Las Olas Boulevard?
There is a water taxi stop just a short walk from the hotel which even makes the journey a pleasure! See the map below. What can you do on Las Olas?
- Dine at one of our many restaurants – we have cuisines from all over the world and almost too many restaurants to choose from and there’s something for every taste and every budget
- Enjoy our sidewalk cafes – most of our restaurants and cafes have outside eating areas which are great for people watching and enjoying our fabulous weather
- Have treats! From ice cream to chocolate to the wonderful baked goods from our bakeries there’s so much to enjoy
- Learn about our local history at the Stranahan House Museum – it’s the place where Fort Lauderdale began in 1893. There are daily tours at 1, 2 and 3pm and river ghost tours on Sunday evenings
- Appreciate art – we have the prestigious Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale right here on Las Olas and many galleries too
- Shop shop shop – fashions, bargains, antiques, gifts, gourmet foods, jewelry, necessities, sunglasses, cosmetics cigars, fresh flowers and plants, souvenirs, books, iPhone accessories, beer and wine …
- Picnic – a favorite tip is to buy takeout treats from East End Eats, Eten Food Company, Sushi Rock, At’s A Pizza or Luigi’s and take the short stroll to Colee Hammock Park. Eat al fresco watching the river traffic go by
- Be pampered – enjoy a massage, a manicure
- Enjoy a quiet drink in one of our cozy bars – from our cigar bar to our outdoor tropical paradise bar
- Watch sports in our sports bars – enjoy draft beers at the same time!
- Party! We have some of the liveliest venues you’ll find in the area
- Stroll on our lovely boulevard enjoying the South Floridian flora and fauna or rest in a shaded breezeway
And there’s much more. See the map below – the water taxi stop is only a short walk from your hotel (your concierge will be able to direct you) and travel in style to stop number nine – Las Olas Boulevard. And if by any chance you haven’t booked yet, please use this link:
Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa